Friday, June 13, 2008

World here we come! (Mum stay over there!)

Relaxing back on the small blanket, the wind wisked past her, brushing some of her long flowing hair onto the perfect face. Her china-doll looks help her with the innocent act she is trying to pull, here with her mother's upper-class friends is the last place she would like to be. The first place would be with her friends coreographing a dance for the upcoming talent show she had been dared to enter. With Millie picking the music and Jennie and Sallie starting the steps, she finally admitted to herself she wasn't really needed at the moment. Her job was to look at the final product and critiqe it, and give helpful suggestions to make it perfect.

With my mother having such a high place in our so-called society, made things harder for me to do as I please, everything I do has to be approved by her. Ballet, Ballet, Ballet. It is the only thing I do that seems to be good enough for her, no jazz dancing, no lyrical, Ballet only.
Dad always seems to be working and doesn't mind whatever I do or wear, as long as I'm happy, I wish mum was like that but NOOOO.
No short skirts, not a hair out of place. No tops that show anything. Leotards are too fitting for her taste and when practising at home I always have to put another top over when she comes in to check on me. Controlled is my lifestlye, that is until next semester.

I am going to board at an arts school in California. I get to do what I want, wear what I want.
I am over the moon! Millie, Sallie and Jennie are coming too, I can't wait all of us, single sixteen year old girls, the world is our oyster, or whatever it was. Get ready world, here we come.
You never know what could happen

No comments: