Thursday, June 5, 2008

Kayaking

The water splashing up my arms, dripping down my face, as I push further and further forward.
The sun reflecting off the rippling water and into my face, making me squint even though I was
covered by a tight cap and big sun glasses.
Push yourself, go faster, you can do it. I say over and over in my mind,
my arms going side to side so fast they seem to be doing it without any concious decision.
I can't stop now I'm so close. My Ipod blasting in my ears, the cord safely down my T-shirt to stay dry. Only a few hundred meters now, keep up the pace, I can do this.
The beach behind me, almost unrecognisable, coverered by a deep fog,
The heat was starting to get to me, the pace was exausting my arms, my stomach wasn't used to this sort of strain. Then I was there.I looked at my Ipod timer, YEESS!!! I had done it I had beaten my record. From the beach to the farthest boey.
By now the sun had risen further and it was going to be a hot day.
I took off my life jacket to remove my soaking wet T-Shirt and thought my togs would be a lot cooler, I wiped my face of the salt water and re-applied my sun block. Phew.
Slowly paddling around to the next bay, the surf had started to pick up over near the beach.
I could see the cemetary on top of one of the huge surrounding hills, a ant sized person peering over the side, Brian I thought. Our family, they were all there, watching over us and the amazing view. If I told you about it you woul't believe me, you have to see it to believe it. It really is worth it and the best thing is, No body knows, where it is, of if its there. Its my family beach.
Looking round at the rocks, I could see some little kids playing in the rock pools, until they were suddenly scared away by what I found out to be a very large crab and its friends.
Though I looked again to see it hadn't exactly frightened them away, but they had run back to the beach to get a bucket which they proceeded to grab the huge crabs and put them into it.
Though, many small childern wouldn't do that, you don't know my cousins.

No comments: