Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Performance

Well sitting here in my room, listening to songs off you tube.
I'm listening to 'I Kissed A Girl', even though it sounds weird its actually quite good.

So, listening to this, and the fact Miss Jones reminded us today is that Solo Performances are coming up next week. I thought I was prepared and I was comfortable with what I was doing until.... I had to perform at the unplugged concert last week (if you want to know more about it Josh wrote some stuff about it).

Well I forgot my music not knowing I would need it, got told afterward that I was singing too quietly, seeing as I have a high voice and I'm not that loud someone could have just pointed me towards a microphone, and that I absolutely sucked, it sounded horrible, I was just hoping that the crowd wouldn't throw anything at me, it was just that bad,(and don't trust Josh he's just a suck up) and yeah, well I was pressured into it by my singing teacher saying stuff like, "You're voice is my favourite, I love it when you come so we can sing together", and "I know you're ready, your voice is beautiful and no body sings this song better than you".

So it turned out bad, to say the least, and now, I have to sing in front of my music class, which is BAD! Seeing as 24 out of I think 28 or 30 are guys, I think I know how its gonna turn out somehow. Like today we were practising and Sam was doing everything he could to make me muck up, whatever it was laughing, forgetting what I was saying, or just giving him the evils, he's lovely, not! And Jimmy isn't much better. And that was just saying my name and what I was going to perform, imagine when I actually have to sing. If you haven't met anyone in my music class then you won't understand my dread, also the fact that everyone in my class has already excelled at their chosen instrument really doesn't help.

So I'm singing Capri by Colbie Collait and Its a beautiful song and I haven't picked the other maybe classical or evanescence. So I'll get over It or i'll screw up. I know this. Well I pick te first choice.

No comments: