Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sunday with Friends

Jumping off the small grass embankment, knowing there was no way
to back out now, we all had to do it, it was too hot not too.
Walking across the golden sand, with Neil and Tess by my side.
Tess was Neil's dog, she was a black lab mix and in my opinion one of the cutest dogs ever.
Me chatting with Neil, and with Drew and Hilary wandering along behind.
We decided it was now, we were going to do it, Neil chucked a stick into the water
and Hilary and I raced in to try and beat Tess, me chickening out before it got
too far past my knees.
The Drew jumped in splashing everyone, as Neil waded towards us I decided
I would do it after him, he dived then I did, that's it, we did it.
Our clothes were soaked.
I knew it wasn't the best idea and had hoped against it happening, but it is nature....
I stayed swimming around for a while then Hilary came to join me, we were swimming
around to try and get rid of the numbness, we talked about the big thing that had just
happened and what she was going to do.
Then we got out, because the swimming hadn't done anything to keep us warm,
the guys were flirting hard out it was so funny.
That's when they noticed...
..My shorts were see-through.
.. I had worn white shorts..

No comments: