Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New Tricks Competition

I am soaring through the air, like a bird,
Yet very restricted, holding onto the handle bars
like I would never let go. I can't hold on
any longer my grip on the bike slips,
I am falling fast towards the solid road that awaits me.
But now I fill in the blanks , my mates and I were heading down
to a little competition to show off our new tricks.
When we got there, there was more people than usual, which we
thought nothing of because the love of throwing tricks was
spreading and going strong. First there were some old guys, flying
off the ramp, doing flips, 360 degree turns, and , so many new
ones. My friends and some other guys I had seen, were cheering
me on and kept pushing me to go up there and show off some
of my new tricks when I finally caved, everyone cheered
and yelled all excited for me and happy that the anticipation
was over. I wheeled my bike to the runway before the ramp,
looking down steep hill, I imagined the trick I was going to pull in my head,
It was a new one, secret, I started pedalling hard to get enough momentum
to pull it off, then I was in the air, now, here I am, Falling.
All the guys watch my progress in horror, for they know
this cannot end well, slowly falling, picking up speed,
now plummeting towards the ground, Its coming up to meet me,
I know I have to roll with the impact or I will break all
the bones in my body.
Here it comes, smack, the crunching impact hits me like a rock,
or thousands of them, people surround me, Pain,
Then only blackness

No comments: